IQVIA Consulting Areas of Specialization:
IQVIA specializes in bringing innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems. If finding new healthcare advances and changing patient outcomes is your passion, this is a consulting firm you should consider.
IQVIA primarily hires consultants who have strong scientific, engineering, or math/data analytics backgrounds. However, they also are looking for people who have other backgrounds but the passion to work in healthcare.
IQVIA is interested in people with consulting experience at top firms who want to specialize in healthcare.
Who do they hire?
See this page for more details.
IMPROVE YOUR ODDS!
Because IQVIA specializes in solving complex healthcare problems, life science coursework and knowledge of the pharma or biotech industries are advantageous. Be sure to highlight relevant coursework and experience on your resume and cover letter.
- Associate Consultant – undergraduates or masters degree candidates with degrees in the life sciences, economics or business or 2-3 years of work experience in healthcare or the pharma industry.
- Consultant – a strong academic background in the life sciences or strategy consulting experience.
- Senior Consultant – 5-8 years of work experience in consulting or at a healthcare/ life sciences company.
IQVIA has offices worldwide. Most recruits from U.S. schools have been brought into the Cambridge, MA and New York, NY offices to interview.
Consultants work in multiple U.S. offices including:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Bridgewater Township, NJ
- Cambridge, MA
- Chester, NJ
- Deerfield, IL
- Duluth, GA
- Durham, NC
- East Norriton, PA
- Falls Church, VA
- Horsham, PA
- Mesa, Arizona
- Mississauga, CA
- New York, NY
- Parsippany, NJ
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Mateo, CA
- Waltham, MA
Consultants work in international offices including:
- Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- Australia (St. Leonards)
- Belgium (Zaventem)
- Brazil (Sao Paulo)
- Bulgaria (Sofia)
- Canada (Katana, Kirkland, Ottawa, Toronto, Mississauga)
- China (Beijing, Shanghai)
- Columbia (Bogota)
- Czechoslovakia (Prague)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Frankfurt, Munich)
- Greece (Athens)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- India (Pune)
- Italy (Milan)
- Japan (Tokyo)
- Malaysia (Petaling Jaya)
- Mexico (Mexico City)
- Phillipines (Makati City)
- Poland (Warsaw)
- Portugal (Lisbon, Oeiras, Porto Salvo)
- Romania (Bucharest)
- South Africa (Bloemfontein)
- South Korea (Seoul)
- Spain (Barcelona, Madrid)
- Switzerland (Basel, Rotkreuz)
- Taiwan (Taipei)
- United Kingdom (London, Reading)
IQVIA visa sponsorship policies vary by office. Reach out to the firm for additional details.
IMPROVE YOUR ODDS! To maximize your chances of landing interviews, international applicants should apply to offices where they already have the right to work.
See this page for information on IQVIA salaries.
Get the IQVIA Consulting Interview
Land the IQVIA Interview:
- Candidates must submit resumes and cover letters.
- Candidates from non-core schools are pre-screened via phone interviews.
- Some candidates have reported being asked to complete online screening and video interview questions.
The IQVIA Consulting Interview Process:
- First round interviews at core schools are on campus and consist of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews.
- Final round interviews are held at IQVIA Associates offices. They consist of 3-4 back-to-back interviews. These interviews include case interviews, behavioral interviews, and written case interviews. Some candidates interviews testing skills with large datasets.
- Typical questions include:
- Estimate the market size for a new drug.
- How would you price a new drug?
- Why do you want to work at IQVIA?
- Tell me about a challenge you overcame.
- What prior team experience do you have?
- What do you know about IQVIA?
- Why do you want to work in healthcare consulting?
- Why should I hire you/what makes you stand out?
Recruiting timeline: over 4 weeks. Recruiting happens year round and the hiring timeline and duration of the recruitment process depends on the specific role.
What they look for:
- IQVIA is looking for people with self-drive and individuals who don’t try to apply the same framework to new clients and situations.
- They want people who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare and improving patient outcomes.
- They hire a lot of people with strong science, engineering, and analytic backgrounds but are also looking for individuals with humanities backgrounds and seek generalist consultants who are interested in specializing in healthcare consulting.
Land the IQVIA Consulting Job
- Consulting Cover Letters outlines how to write one that will get interviews.
- Case Interview Prep explains what a case study interview is & how to ace it.
- Case Interview Examples provides links to dozens of sample questions and answers.
- Case Interview Practice provides tips on getting good at casing.
- Case Interview Math will help you brush up on your consulting math skills.
- Written Case Interviews will help you prepare for final round interviews.
Need Help Preparing for Your IQVIA Consulting Interview?
Thanks for turning to My Consulting Offer for advice on prepping for your consulting interview. My Consulting Offer has helped almost 85% of the people we’ve worked with get a job in management consulting. We want you to be successful in your consulting interviews too. For example, here is how Nihar was able to get his offer at IQVIA Consulting:
If you want to learn more about how to prepare for the consulting case interviews, schedule a free call with a member of our team. We’ll show you how you get an offer without spending hundreds of hours preparing.
Get your application noticed with these insider tricks from former McKinsey, Bain, and BCG Recruiting Managers.