© My CONSULTING Offer
Hiring: Recruiting and Partnerships Manager (RPM)
What is My Consulting Offer and what do we do?
My Consulting Offer (MCO) helps students and recent graduates become management consultants by coaching them to land and pass interviews at firms such as McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, and other consulting firms – simple as that!
What started as one person’s passion for helping people land their dream jobs has quickly grown into a global team of around 5 full-time team members and about 50 part-time coaches and mentors. To date, we have helped over 500 people land in consulting and we continue to grow. We operate on 5 continents, so you could say that we are a global team that is taking over the consulting world.
Our team is made up of former consultants and recruiters who spent time at the same firms we help our clients get jobs at. Here is how we do it (our process).
What do we value at MCO?
- Positive impact – We are passionate about truly helping our clients land their dream jobs and change their lives for the long-term.
- Collaboration & Teamwork – We believe we can accomplish more through collaboration – the team will always put each other first, so you are never alone.
- Empathy – We take the time to get to know our clients first to make sure it is the right fit before introducing them to our program.
What does an RPM do?
You are a key stakeholder in hiring and building the right team at MCO who can support our clients to achieve their dreams. You are the front line of our organization when we are hiring someone new and often the first point of contact potential coaches, teammates or partners have with us.
When a potential internal candidate or potential leader from an organization wants to work at or with MCO, you would be the first point of contact in speaking with them. We truly care about hiring the best people at MCO who care about our clients (if they are a coach or internal team member) or align with our values and have the ability to bring us great leads (if they are an organization).
This manager role is ideal for someone who is looking to touch several parts of the business, be people-facing, be a core part of the process in coaching and helping MCO grow.
What are the responsibilities?
- Identifying potential partnerships (for example with universities, YouTube influencers, and consulting clubs)
- Reaching out, developing relationships, and forming partnerships
- Working closely with the workshop team to ensure smooth coordination of any online workshops
Recruiting Team Members
- Managing the full-cycle hiring process for roles at MCO as roles come up (sourcing, outreach, job posting, application review, managing hiring process, extending offers, etc.)
What are the requirements?
- You have at least 2 years of experience with McKinsey, Bain, or BCG’s recruiting team
- You’re able to devote at least 30 hours a week to the role
- You have a background working with people: you should enjoy and be comfortable leading conversations
- You’re not intimidated by learning new systems/technology – we work with Zoom, Excel, Airtable, Calendly, Asana, and Gmail (we will teach you but you have to be open to learning)
- You’re responsive to performance feedback and excited to continue learning and growing
- You have an amazing attention to detail – no grammatical errors, you ensure that anything we send out comes off as professional and builds credibility
- You have an analytical mindset and the ability to look at data and make decisions on where to focus based on that data
- You are excited about providing feedback on our existing processes so that we can continue to grow, learn and improve!
What does it take to be a successful RPM?
To be successful in this role, you need to be a great listener, emphatic, extremely organized, and willing to say “no” to people or schools/clubs/partnerships who aren’t good fits to work with us. For people joining MCO, we care about hiring the right people who are honest, care about client success and value mentorship, and are hardworking.
How will I be supported?
We have comprehensive training and systems in place to provide you with the feedback you need to grow in this role. We will not throw you in to swim on your own until you are comfortable and ready to speak with potential MCO candidates or organizations.
Where is the office?
The best part – we don’t have an office! You can be and work from anywhere you want in the world – on a beach in Bali, eating sushi in Japan, or at your home office.
How is the pay and what do I get out of this?
- Competitive base. Details to be discussed.
- The ability to work in your sweatpants from anywhere in the world!
- Unlimited time off and a flexible schedule (we know this wasn’t the case at MBB!) – your daughter has a 1-week camping trip with friends? Take the week off.
- The opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing startup that is open to your fresh ideas and input!
- Changing lives – https://www.myconsultingoffer.org/reviews/