Hiring: Head of Product
For those who enjoyed consulting but not the consulting work/life!
We’re looking for someone who enjoys consulting but not the consulting lifestyle.
Hello – We’re My Consulting Offer (MCO), a fully remote company that helps students and graduates land their dream jobs in management consulting by coaching them to land and pass their interviews – simple as that.
What started as our founder’s passion for helping people land their dream jobs while still being able to carve a life outside of work has quickly grown into a global team of 9 full-time and more than 40 part-time team members who worked at McKinsey, Bain, BCG, and many other consulting firms.
While in consulting, our team enjoyed working with smart people, learning new skills, and changing lives but didn’t enjoy the hours, the travel, the last-minute deadlines, and the inability to implement.
If you feel the same way, you’ll want to keep reading.
Who we are hiring for...
We’re searching for a Head of Product to help us lead, manage, and grow our product, operations, and marketing teams.
Since we are mainly all former consultants and recruiters who wanted to make an impact on people’s lives but still have our own lives, we are looking for someone who also loved working in consulting – loved working with data, finding ways to operations/document SoPs, and want to work on a variety of projects (instead of just doing the same thing over and over again) ranging from product to marketing to finance to strategy.
If you are a current or former consultant who is looking for a position where you can have everything you enjoyed about consulting – the people, the professional growth, and the diversity of projects – but without the things you didn’t like, then this role might be the one for you.
A peek at what your life at MCO looks like...
You will be working directly with our leadership team who will give you all the resources you need to support yourself and our business.
Here are some of the key responsibilities you will have…
- Working with the leadership team to set KPIs, Key Results, and the strategy for the year
- Discussing results from the previous quarter and setting upcoming goals with the leadership team
- Discussing progress on KPIs, KRs, and other topics with the leadership team
- Manage the product, operations, and finance team and their KPIs and OKRs
- Identifying opportunities to improve our business and product
- Leading projects to move the company forward such as identifying ways to better our operations process, managing the development of our new curriculum and courses, and improving our marketing ROI.
How will I be supported?
You will have full access to our leadership and also inherit our current system of operations.
You will also have the opportunity to grow in the role and take on more responsibility as you go, so your personal and professional development is our goal.
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy – You are given full autonomy to propose and implement ideas without having countless meetings, having to prepare PowerPoint slides, or leaving your ideas as just “recommendations” (you can actually implement them).
- Growth – Similar to your time in consulting, you are getting paid to learn and to work with other smart, driven team members.
- The People and Culture – We have a 100% rating on Glassdoor and a 9 out of 10 job satisfaction from anonymous internal surveys from people who worked at McKinsey, Bain, and BCG so you know we are doing something right.
- Impact – Wake up every day knowing you are changing lives.
- Work-Life Balance – We don’t have an office, set hours, or capped vacations. You can choose where, when, and how you work. With unlimited vacation, take the week off to go surfing if the waves are good, to go traveling if you are missing the mountains, or just to explore a hobby you have been wanting to make time for.
- Pay – Receive a competitive compensation that is at/above your market standards.
This position is for you if you have:
- A background in consulting – at least 1.5 years working at a management consulting firm (ideally you also were involved in the recruiting and interviewing process).
- A goal of finding a job where you can leverage your consulting skillset and keep what you enjoyed about consulting but without the aspects you didn’t like.
- A desire to be known for getting stuff done from leading your team to managing your own projects, we want someone who is results and growth-driven.
- A passion for building systems and improving operations so strong that when you eat out that you notice ways that the restaurant experience could have been better.
- A data-driven mindset that you believe decisions are better made with data – we want someone who enjoys building models and dashboards (so not for you if you avoid all the modeling cases).
- A willingness to get your hands dirty since we want doers not just people who dream about getting stuff done. Not for you if you just want to create a PowerPoint and leave it up to someone else to implement.
- An innate fire to keep yourself and your team accountable and to high standards – you aren’t afraid of setting, living up to high standards, and having a high level of ownership.